Andrew has spent 20 years bringing creative solutions to the companies he works with, focusing on identifying and optimizing workflows and empowering others to quickly understand and act upon intelligence, business or otherwise. While his main focus is on traditional C# apps for Windows and the Web, his broad experience gives him additional flexibility to accomplish unusual goals.
Familiar with: C# in Xamarin, Store Apps, Unity; Java (8+); Lua; C++; ActionScript
Interface Media Group
- Development, maintenance, and support for 25 online account management websites for parking companies with secure online payment, including analysis and upgrades for redesigns, PCI compliance, accessibility, responsiveness, and analytics
- Development, maintenance, and support for several museum interactive displays
- National Museum of American History: Creating Icons
- Defense Intelligence Agency: Heritage Theatre, Secret Victories, NCMI: Measuring Disaster, Operation Urgent Rescue, Hiding in Plain Sight, an interactive selector, and content update and chain-of-custody utilities for the entire 12-interactive exhibit
- Newseum: The Berlin Wall Experience (assistance, tooling, and support only)
- Comcast Local Media Development: His Dreams, Our Stories: Voices of the Civil Rights Movement (currently at the Newseum, the National Civil Rights Museum, the Charles H. Wright Museum, the DuSable Museum of African American History, and as a traveling exhibit)
- National Museum of the American Indian: Many Languages, Protocol Matters, What Would You Do? (and a Web version), and production support for all 5 interactives in the Nation to Nation exhibit
- National Museum of the United States Army: Army 101, Army Interactive Timeline, and Army Touch Table
- National Museum of Natural History: Untitled soil analysis exhibit (prototype), untitled crop rotation game (prototype)
- Marketing, monetization, and brand development of Challenge of the Athlonauts, a gamified medical analysis tool for Children's National Medical Center
- Development, maintenance, and support for an online and on-DVD learning management system for the Global Alcohol Producers Group
- Development of a remote control system for a video wall for Intelsat
- Development of paid streaming video websites for National Council of University Research Administrators, International City/County Management Association, and International Launch Services
- Maintenance of online streaming video websites for International Launch Services and Tax Talk Today
- Support for development of IAB-compliant banner and pre-roll advertisements and landing pages for NewDay USA
- Development and maintenance of bespoke brochure sites
- Airfare America
- Interface Media Group (three versions of main site)
- International Launch Services (lobbying microsite)
- Honold Communications (two campaign sites and portfolio site)
- McCarthy Hennings Whalen
- Global Alcohol Producers Group (four sites)
- NewDay USA (four sites)
- Advised customers of outages, disk failures, disk space usage issues, network incursions, and other significant issues
- Removed virus and malware infestations and other inappropriate material from customers’ servers
- Removed broken, out-of-control Systems Management Services installations that generated over 24 million files each
- Recovered an enterprise customer relations management system database, fixed corruption, and wired it into their new CRM infrastructure
- Designed, implemented, and deployed a ten-foot-experience front end to the SolarWinds, MonitorIT, and What's Up Gold network information systems, using WPF and MS SQL
- Provisioned accounts in Active Directory, Exchange, the Apropos call management system, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and the office security system.
- Imaged and serviced workstations using Symantec Altiris and Dameware.
- Managed a 10,000-DID Cisco VOIP phone infrastructure.
- Customized Cisco IP Phone interfaces to interact with customer relations management software.
- Designed, implemented, and rolled out a billing system based on call detail records from VOIP phone system provider BroadSoft.
- Designed, implemented, and deployed an application to visualize storage usage
- Maintained three websites, two in SharePoint, and designed newsletters with circulation of approx 15,000 per quarter.
- Documented procedures for processes related to custom software for PTO, expenses, fault reporting management, HR, and others.
- Redesigned the existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 workflow infrastructure to utilize resources more efficiently using new and expanded features in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- Developed an additional campaign in Lua for Puzzle Quest 2, a single player match-3 adventure game
- Developed and administered a single sign on system for the Honeybee Public House
- Ongoing development and administration of web sites, mail services, chat services, identity providers, etc
- Maintained brochure site
- Created a mod for Factorio, a multiplayer logistics game written in Lua, for storing large quantities of raw materials
- Added a limited multiplayer mode to Kerbal Space Program, a single-player Unity game, to sync players' craft between worlds
- Extended Overviewer, a Minecraft tool written in Python that creates interactive maps, to support several additional mods, as well as report real-time player positions and health
- Following its sunset by Sega, recreated in C# the server-side components of Phantasy Star Online, a massively multiplayer action adventure game, including support for console releases
- Community ambassador
- VB.NET tools developer for Charred Dirt, a multiplayer tank game
- Emergency repairs in C++ for Charred Dirt
- Prototyping of a streamlined information submission system for loan processing in Java Server Pages, focused on deduplication and standardization of electronic documents
- Developed an untitled MMO in Java with full internationalization support, intended to promote language learning
- Developed and maintained a chatbot module in Python for storing and converting medical information for the "/r/diabetes" community on Reddit
- Developed browser extensions for Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome for Mouse Hunt, a Facebook lootbox game, to display realtime status of cooldowns and rewards and allow easy navigation to claim additional rewards.
University of Virginia
Northern Virginia Community. College
Certifications and Awards
Microsoft Certified Desktop Service Technician: Windows XP
Microsoft Certified System Administrator: Windows Server 2003
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: SQL Server 2005
Unity Awards 2017 (Finalist): The Berlin Wall Experience
TIVA DC Peer Awards 2017 (Gold): The Berlin Wall Experience
Am. Ass’n of Museums Excellence in Exhibition 2016: Nation to Nation